Website Aga Khan University
- The Chair will provide dynamic leadership to the department and will have an overall responsibility for the fulfillment of its research, academic and service mandate, consistent with the mission and vision of AKU and AKUH.
- The Chair will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic vision for the department, encompassing the delivery of high quality clinical care, fostering a strong research culture, and nurturing learning and training across programmatic levels.
- In addition, the Chair will be responsible for supporting, and developing faculty, and partnering with various internal and external stakeholders to meet the overall mandate of the department.
- The Chair will also coordinate departmental activities with the Center of Excellence in Trauma and Emergency (CETE) at AKU, the first of its kind in the region.
- The Chair will enhance departmental involvement in the academic activities of the center, and forge new partnerships to increase the overall impact of the department outside AKU.
- Candidates with an academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor with administrative experience and a track record of leadership are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with high productivity and experience in research funding and publications, teaching, training and clinical service delivery, evidence of engaging teams and balancing multiple organizational priorities will be considered.
Qualification & Experience:
- Eligible applicants must have MBBS/MD with postgraduate certification (FCPS, FRCS, Diplomate of American Board or equivalent qualification) in Emergency Medicine.
- Exceptional Emergency Medicine physicians who are not certified but have full time academic rank in emergency medicine and are recognized as primary trainers and supervisors for their national Emergency Medicine training programs may be considered.
Company: Aga Khan University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Karachi, Sindh
Application Deadline: N/A