Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Institute of Regional Studies is a think tank, working under Ministry of Foreign Affairs, mandated to provide in-depth understanding and objective analysis of regional and global issues, facilitate exchange of knowledge among academia, governments and NGOs and to produce quality research publications for dissemination of credible information on national, regional and international issues.
- Manage the professional functioning of the Institute under general supervision and direction of the IRS Board of Governors
- Organize all research projects of the Institute and provide necessary guidance to research officers and a team of research analysts of the Institute.
- Maintain liaison with similar research institutes inland & abroad, and prepare, scrutinize or edit or coordinate such papers assigned to IRS by
- MOFA or which are to be presented at international fora.
- Relations/Political Science/Strategic Studies/Public Policy/Media Studies/Mass Communication or any related field from HEC Recognized
- Public Sector University in Pakistan or Abroad with 18 years professional experience
- Degree shall be got verified from HEC.
- Government Servants meeting the eligibility criteria may also apply, provided that after selection they will have to resign from their existing positions.
- Retired Government Servants may also apply.
- PhD in International Relations/Political Science/Strategic Studies/Public Policy/Media Studies/Mass Communication or any related field from
- HEC Recognized Public Sector University in Pakistan or Abroad with 14 years professional experience or MA/M.Sc in International
- Documentary evidence of service experience of public or private sector organizations in Research & Development, Mass Communication and International Relations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 14 years of relevant professional experience if the education qualification is Ph.D; and
- Minimum 18 years of relevant professional experience if the education qualification is Masters;
- The maximum age limit is 62 years as on the closing date of application submission.
- Ph.D or Masters in Law from a university recognized by HEC or abroad.
Company: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rawalpindi, Punjab
Application Deadline: N/A