Website United Nation
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Organize systematic collection, processing, and analyses of migration health data according to guidelines established by the CMHO.
- Ensure data quality. Provide periodic, as well as ad-hoc reporting to the CMHO for Migration Health activities.
- Ensure proper identification of refugees and migrants during the health assessment and record all relevant health information in standard forms; ensuring completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
- Ensure that all data related to heath assessment programmes is appropriately entered to Migrant Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA) and other related databases.
- Perform treatment for TB and sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and counselling activities.
- Oversee and coordinate the management of TB cases to ensure effective TB treatment.
- Contribute to and maintain a system of quality improvement for each service area within the MHAC. Undertake quality control activities on a regular basis, including practice observation, desk audits and use of self-assessment tools. Use data analysis and web reporting system to monitor performance indicators.
- Ensure implementation of the global IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); create and implement Islamabad MHAC specific SOPs for each service area.
- Ensure proper reporting and management of incidents according to the Guidance Note for Incident Management.
- Ensure the efficient daily operations of the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC), in close coordination with the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO).
- Oversee and coordinate accurate and effective provision of immunization and presumptive treatment programmes in full compliance with the technical guidelines and protocols of the resettlement countries.
- Assist CMHO in monitoring, supervising and educating all staff in the delivery of these programmes.
- Fluency in English and Urdu are required. (oral and written).
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Position specific skills, for example:
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of professional work experience.
- Valid license to practice within country is mandatory.
- Minimum of four (4) years, post-graduation, (post internship in countries with mandatory internship programs) continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting. The last clinical posting should be within the last five years
Company: United Nation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lahore, Punjab
Application Deadline: N/A